CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Narrator

I'm just doing a quick post. I have a lot of pics
and some videos to post, but I need my thingy (you know,
that thingy that connects your camera to your computer)
so I can show them to the 5 or 6 of you that check mah blog.

So anyway....to the post!

This post is dedicated to Morgan Freeman. Maybe not so
much Morgan Freeman himself, but to his soothing voice.
As some of you know, Morgan Freeman played Red in
the critically acclaimed Shawshank Redemtion. This
movie is great, but it would have only been sub-par
if not for Morgan Freeman's narration.



As I thought about it, he has done quite a bit of voice over
and narration work. Here is a list:

A Raisin in the Sun (tv)
Million Dollar Baby - narrator and supporting actor
A Remarkable Promise
War of the Worlds
Slavery and the Making of America (tv mini-series)
"American Masters" - Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows (tv episode)
The Shawshank Redemption - narrator and actor
A Festival at Ford's (tv)
The Gospel at Colonus (tv)
March of the Pengiuns
The Hunting of the President

Here is a funny clip from Family Guy,
I couldn't find just the clip alone so watch to the
21 second mark.



Also he's played GOD. I do believe if there is a god,
I hope that it is the warm, wise and philisophical
voice of Morgan Freeman. I could imagine sitting by the
fire, curled up in a warm blanket with some hot cocoa.
Looking out the window over the snowy landscape. And
Morgan Freeman voice telling me about black history or
penguins or some shit. I would believe anything
that calming voice would tell me. Anyone could slip into
a soothing, hypnotic state. But with a voice like his, I
assume it comes with much responsibility. He could
misinform or downright lie about anything, and I wouldn't
question it. His narrating skills must only be used for
good.

And so, here's to you Morgan Freeman, and your soulful
voice. May it bring peace and harmony to this world.

6 comments:

KMCLE☠ßUЯKE said...

I LOVE LOVE MORGAN FREEMAN AND I LOVE HIS MOVIES. YOU ARE SO RIGHT HE DOES HAVE A SOOTHING CALMING VOICE. I'M WITH YOU, I'D LIKE TO SIT IN A CABIN IN THE SNOW BY A FIRE WITH SOME HOT COCOA LISTENING TO ANYTHING HE SAYS. K LET'S GO KIDNAP HIM NOW!

Tara said...

What do you mean he "played" God? I thought he WAS God!! :)

Seriously though I know what you mean. The guy is ultra talented and something about him seems so trustworthy. He's just like this nice little Grandpa or something.

Jess said...

Teisha, you're so cute. I too love Morgan Freeman. You forgot to mention Azeem in Robin Hood. As a kid, that was probably my first introduction to the talent of Mr. Freeman.

heather said...

March of the Penguins is the best Freeman Narration.

So about the reunion. Are you going with anyone? A bunch of us are planning on going together. Are you down? I think they just put names down as registered that have said that they are going. I am on there now too.

Teisha said...

I am going. And I don't have a date. So I'm certainly down for a group thing.

KMCLE☠ßUЯKE said...

TEISHA, I NEED SOME NEW MATERIAL FROM YA DUDE. I'M OVER THE NARRATOR! POST SOME GOLF PICS LIL SUCKA!